Pelham Town Office – 2:20 PM
- Warm, sunny holiday weekend.
- White clapboard former school. The Town Clerk drives up as I’m finishing up, to work on a Saturday!
- Taking pictures of the Pelham Town Hall historic district, which is a couple of hundred yards east of the current town hall. The old town hall was built in 1743 and is claimed to be the oldest in the state still used for meetings.
Belchertown Town Hall – 4:08 PM
- Built 1923 in a kind of municipal Art-Deco style.
- The windows are being restored, so most of them are temporarily boarded up. Learned all this talking to the teenagers collecting admission for the quilt fair going on in the main hall. Across the street, the 250th Belchertown Community Picnic is being held.